With snow falling outside my window, I can’t believe in just a few weeks we’ll trade our jeans and sweaters for shorts and swimsuits. But the warm weather is almost here. It’s time to think about shedding a few of those winter pounds and getting into shape for summer activities.
Tyson® Foods wants to help us look and feel our best for summer with their Countdown to a Better You program. Using Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products and recipes from their website, you can create quick, nutritious meals, and be on your way to meeting your health goals.
You’ll also be rewarded for eating well. Each Tyson® Grilled & Ready® product comes with a UPC code that can be redeemed here to earn gift codes at online retailers REI,Giaim, Spa Finder, iTunes or Cooking.com. Just 6 UPC codes earns you a $10 code. Just visit Facebook.com/GrilledandReady to get started. The program is ongoing now through June 21st. Through out that time 10,000 product coupons are available for download at Tyson.com.
Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken and beef products come fully cooked which makes getting a healthy dinner like Strawberry Chicken Salad on the table a snap.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Recipe courtesy of Tyson Foods, Inc.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Total Time: 10 min
• 6 ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
• 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded, if desired
• 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
• 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, regular or seasoned
• 1 teaspoon honey mustard
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 pinch ground black pepper
• 4 cups baby spinach leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips, cucumber, strawberries and mint.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, vinegar and honey mustard. Season to taste with salt and
ground black pepper. Add mixture to chicken mixture and toss to combine.
3. Arrange spinach leaves on a serving platter or individual plates and top with chicken mixture.
Calories 90 Total Fat 1g Protein 14g Carbohydrate 8g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 250mg
You can find more recipes using Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products on their website.
You can be sure you’re eating well, because Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken is 98 percent fat-fee, all-white meat and contains no preservatives. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® beef is carved from real steak and also has no preservatives. You can find the products in the freezer sections of grocery stores nationwide.
Results of a survey conducted by Tyson® Foods shows why their Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products are the right solution to help the 79 percent of Americans who plan on eating better. Of those 79 percent, 36 percent plan on eating 98% fat-free meats and one-third are opting for pre- prepared meals. For more survey results click on the thumbnail below to see an infographic.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this sponsored post made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.