Who doesn’t love a muffin? They’re easy to eat, portable and just plain cute. Oh, and kids will eat just about anything in the shape of a muffin. My muffin tin meal love started with these two recipes:
2. Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 hot dogs
- Paper muffin cups and a 12-cup muffin tin
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, mix the whole milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed.
Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers. Cut the six hot dogs into bite size pieces. Put half a hot dog into each muffin cup, pushing the pieces down into the batter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tooth pick placed in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
So then I wondered what else can I make in my muffin tin? I found a whole list to try on Pinterest.
3. Taco Cupcakes from Emily Bites.
4. Petite Lasagna from Can You Stay for Dinner.
5. Mini Deep Dish Pizzas from Dashing Dish.
6. Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Cups from Between 3 Sisters.
7. Eggs and Bacon to Go from Health Bent.
8. Breakfast Quiches to Go from Pillsbury.
9. Mini Meatloaves in a Muffin Tin from Makes and Takes.
10. Chicken and Mashed Potato Muffin Cups from Life with Sharon.
Do you have a favorite muffin tin recipe? Do share!